Well hi there. It’s me, the queen of “no excuses” with 10 perfectly lame excuses as to why I haven’t been blogging lately. Want to hear them, and then yell at me? Okay, let’s go.
1) New job, new schedule: It’s funny, because I thought for sure I would have tons of free time to dedicate to blogging once I started my new job. Turns out it’s the complete opposite. Really pathetic that I spent so much time at my old job when I was supposed to be working, blogging. Ah, the cushy corporate life.. how I miss thee.
2) Afternoon naps: This is sort of a joke, sort of serious considering I’ve taken two naps since I started working. But the point is, I get home from work at 1, eat lunch, and want to veg. My brain needs to turn off for a few minutes, and sometimes a few minutes turns into a few hours, and then I’m rushing out the door to spin. And the afternoon is gone. Whoops!
3) Studying for NASM: When my brain IS on, I’ve been busy studying for the NASM certification. I took the test once and missed it by 4 questions (don’t even get me started) so I’m trying a new studying technique so I can be sure to nail it the second time around. If any of you have taken this beast of exam, you feel my pain.
4) Trashy TV: And sometimes, when my brain is OFF, I watch trashy TV. Yep, I’ll admit to it. Afternoon marathons of Sex and the City? Thanks a lot, E, way to really make me feel like a stay at home wife. And I’m very thankful that Vanderpump Rules is finishing up next week because I hate myself for watching it… but… can’t…. stop.
5) Other blogs: I’ve been cheating on you, SEGR. I’ve been doing the blogging for the spin studio over at Being Recycled, and this has been the biggest roadblock in my own personal blog. I’m not complaining because I really enjoy doing it, but I need to find a happy balance to be able to maintain both. I’m looking forward to being back over here because I can express myself a little more freely. And say things like shitballs and assface.
… Shitballs. Assface.
6) New clients: We are opening a new spin studio that has a sweet personal training area, so I’m starting to see clients on my own. Which is awesome! But scheduling and making new workout routines takes up precious blogging time… but I will start sharing these workouts with y’all 🙂
7) Laziness: Sometimes, I just want to come home and sit on my ass and do nothing. That is all. And I do just that.
8) Over-scheduling myself: As I’ve said before, I thought I would have all of this glorious free time with my new job, and it turns out I’ve been trying to occupy every free second of my day. From now on, I’m making a conscious effort to come home after work (or yoga, if I can get myself back over there) sit down, blog, make new playlists, and catch up on emails. I neeeed to do that.
9) Uneventful life: Even though I’ve been really busy, I feel like I haven’t had anything ground breaking or insane to share. But then I remember the point of this blog isn’t about anything exciting or insane, it’s about my life. So I’m going to tell it as it is. Try not to bore yourself to death reading…
10) Questioning my life and future of this blog: That’s a little too deep… but I’ve really been trying to figure out what I want to do with this blog. I was posting 5x a week earlier, and I just can’t maintain that. So is it fair to only post 2-3x a week? Do I have time do to that? Do I have enough content to do that? Do I want to? Will my readers hate me? It’s been a month and I haven’t blogged?! WTF?! These are the things running through my head. But the truth is- I really do like to blog, and I do think on occasion I have interesting things to say, so I’m going to stick with it.
I apologize for the hiatus and the ultra lame excuses for not being around. Honestly, sometimes life just gets in the way. But I’m back, whether you like it or not. And I’m going into serious kick butt mode the next month with nutrition and being uber Paleo, so #noexcuses mode is back in full effect.
Watch out bitches…