Last week, a local grocery store was having a huge sale on broccoli. Since nothing makes me more excited than a sale on veggies, I bought an unnecessary large amount of it. I had big plans for this broccoli. I sautéed some for breakfast (delicious), added some to my morning Paleo shake (gross) and steamed a ton for dinner. Unfortunately, my creativity ended there. On Sunday, I was I left with a ton of broccoli and had no idea what to do with it. So naturally, whenever I am in a Paleo bind, I turn to PaleOMG for inspiration. I found a recipe for broccoli fritters that looked super easy and delicious. Although my fritters didn’t turn out half has pretty as Juli’s, they were still amazing and I have been eating them nonstop. I think next time I am going to add some green peppers. I know, shit is about to get crazy. Anyways, enjoy!
- 6-7 broccoli stems (shredded)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 ¾ cup almond meal
- ½ sweet onion chopped
- 1 tbs. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- Lots of salt and pepper
(I stole this pic from PaleOMG.. I took my own.. but they looked a little sad…)
- Using your food processer, shred the broccoli stems
- Add your shredding broccoli to a large bowl with all other ingredients and mix well
- Heat up a large skillet over medium-high heat with a bit of fat (I used olive oil).
- Using a large spoon (I used my hands), ball up a fritter and add it to the skillet. I found that 2 inch fritter balls worked the best
- Cook the fritter for about 3-4 minutes and flip the fritter. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Once the fritters are crisp, take them off then eat and enjoy!