This weekend I was totally craving something sweet for breakfast. I think breakfast has been the hardest transition for me becoming paleo as I was so used to eating Kashi or Eggo waffles with peanut butter for breakfast. Anyways, I found this ammmmazing blueberry paleo pancake recipe and thought I’d give it a shot. Not only are these pancakes delicious, I think they are better tasting than traditional pancakes with the use of the almond flour. These would also make a great dessert since the maple syrup adds a bit of sweetness to them.
I must admit, the picture below is not mine. I found this picture on the Paleo Project blog (http://www.paleo-project.com/long-weekend-blueberry-pancakes/). I was in such a rush to dig in that I completely forgot to take one. Although mine weren’t nearly as pretty and well shaped, I promise yours will look similar!
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp (or so) cinnamon
- ½ blueberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 100% maple syrup
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat
- Mix together almond flour, eggs, baking powder, water and cinnamon
- Scoop desired amount of the batter onto pan to form pancakes
- Add blueberries on top of pancakes once placed in the pan
- Treat as you would a normal pancake in terms of flipping, etc.