I stole another recipe from Juli from PaleOMG. Shocking, I know. Seriously- if you’re not following her blog, start right now. Most amazing recipes and SO easy to make. And fast. And filling. You feel like you’re cheating because everything tastes so good. This recipe was no exception! I made it the other night and even my non-Paleo brother loved it (probably because there was bacon and all dudes love bacon. It’s a rule I think). The combo of flavors and textures was ridiculously good.. I highly recommend you make this. Right now!
- 1/2 lb brussel sprouts
- 6 oz bacon, diced up
- 1/2 cup pecans
- salt and pepper, to tast
(I also added cinnamon, to taste, and chicken, because I’m a fatty and just bacon wasn’t enough meat for me)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut off the end of the brussel sprouts then cut each one in half.
- Throw your diced bacon in a large skillet under medium heat and cook until it begins to brown.
- Then add your pecans to roast with the bacon in the bacon fat.
- Once bacon is fully cooked, remove bacon and pecans with a slotted spoon and put in a bowl.
- Now add brussel sprouts directly to your bacon fat pan, add some salt and pepper, and cover to let cook for a bit. About 6 minutes of so.
- Once the brussel sprouts are browned a bit on the outside, either add that pan directly to the oven or transfer the sprouts to a baking dish then put in the oven for roasting.
- Leave in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, adding the bacon and pecans back to the brussel sprouts after about 15 minutes to finish cooking all together.
- Let cool a bit, then eat.
Hope you all enjoy!