I was listening to a Robb Wolf podcast the other day and he said that sweet potatoes are one of the best recovery foods to eat after working out. However, I find it very tricky to force feed myself a sweet potato at 7am. So, I thought making it more “breakfasty” would make it more bearable. I’ve been making this every day this week and it keeps getting better and better! I don’t have any precise measurements as its more of a taste as you go thing. So, enjoy!
Sorry the picture kinda sucks, I had to make it in a Styrofoam cup at work. Sweet life.
- Sweet potato
- Coconut milk
- Cook the sweet potato as you normally would in either the oven or microwave. I was using the microwave since that’s all I have at work
- Once the potato is cooked through, cut it into small pieces so its easier to mash
- Place the cut up pieces in a microwave safe bowl and add coconut milk until potato pieces are covered
- Add cinnamon and raisins (I added a ton of cinnamon because its so delicious)
- Microwave for 1-2 minutes until the milk is absorbed by the potato
- Take out of the microwave and mash the potato