Last week one of my girlfriends was talking about this awesome shrimp curry dish she made over the weekend. She sent me the recipe but it was far to involved for my liking, so I decided to take a chance and simplify it. I must say, it was absolutely delicious. The red pepper flakes definitely add a kick to the dish, so add at your own caution. As I improvised a lot of the ingredients from the original recipe, the exact measurements might be a little off. But, use your creativity here, its hard to mess it up!
1 pound peeled and cooked shrimp
¾ can coconut milk
2 tbs. curry power or paste
2 tbs. coriander
1 tbs. red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
3 hand-fulls of fresh spinach (or frozen)
Disclaimer: Picture stolen from Paleo Diet because I forgot to take one
- Heat a large skillet over a medium-low heat and cook the onion in EVOO until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Add curry power, coriander and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in shrimp and spinach and let simmer until spinach is wilted.
- Let the dish continue to simmer until some of the coconut milk is absorbed or evaporated.