I absolutely love the fall because there are so many delicious fruits and veggies in season. Last weekend I made a roasted squash and apple dish that was sooo easy and sooo good. But first, let me start with a little cooking rant. Now, since I am fairly new to this whole cooking thing, a recipe has to be written for a five year old for me to understand it. For example, if this recipe had told me that you need to actually PEEL the squash BEFORE cutting it into cubes, it would have been pretty damn helpful. Instead, I spent 10 minutes burning my fingers off cutting the rind off each individual, boiling hot cube. I guess you learn something new everyday. So, please, make your life a million times easier and peel the freaking squash before cutting it into pieces. There you go, rant over.
1 medium summer squash
2 medium size apples
½ can coconut milk
1 clove garlic
¾ cup of craisens
2 tbs Cinnamon
Salt and pepper
- Peel the squash and cut into 2-3 inch cubes
- Cut up apples into slender slices
- boil squash for 3-5 minutes or until tender
- In a large pan, add garlic, squash, apples and coconut milk. Let simmer for a new minutes
- add cinnamon, craisens, salt and pepper and simmer until most of the coconut milk is absorbed and/or evaporated.