I saw this on Nerd Fitness (Nerd Fitness) today and thought it was a great cut-to-the-point FAQ. Totally throws all the typical working out / eating healthy excuses down the drain.
- I want to lose weight. Eat less and move more.
- I also want to be healthy. Eat less crap and more real food.
- I want abs. Eat VERY clean and lift heavy, like Saint.
- I want to build muscle and get bigger. Lift heavy, eat enough protein, and increase your calorie intake.
- I want results. Track everything. “That which is measured gets improved.”
- Do I need a gym membership? Nope.
- I don’t have time to work out. Yes, you do.
- I don’t like eating [specific healthy food]. Don’t eat it. Double up on [specific healthy food you DO like].
- I don’t like [specific physical activity]. Then don’t do it.
- I do enjoy [specific physical activity]. Good, do more of that.
- Should I take [expensive supplement]? No. Spend the money you save on healthier food options.
- It hurts when I do [specific exercise]. Fix your form or do a different exercise that works the same muscles.
- I’m not motivated today. Now you are.