I was short on time this morning at the gym, but still needed a good workout so I decided to do this fast, yet effective circuit. The whole thing takes about 15-20 minutes from start to finish, and then I topped it off with 15 minutes on the Stairmaster (my favorite piece of cardio equipment besides a Spin bike.. more on my love for the Stairmaster later) I love this circuit because it really hits all of the target zones and even though its quick, you still work up a sweat doing it! Also- please note the lack of cheesy stock photography, but I trust you can still understand without Smiling Sally demonstrating these moves.
- Stand tall with arms extended out to sides, abs engaged.
- Bending from waist, reach right arm toward left toes; repeat on left.
- Do 25 reps, alternating sides.
2. Pulsing Lunge
- Lunge forward with right leg; hold for 4 seconds, then pulse up and down 5 times.
- Repeat on left.
- Do 2 reps.
3. Triceps Kickback
- Hold dumbbell in right hand.
- Bend at hips until almost parallel to floor.
- Bring elbow to ribs, straighten forearm back, and return.
- Do 15 reps on each arm.
- Start in plank position (palms on floor, hands below shoulders, abs engaged, back straight).
- Hold for 30 seconds. Drop to knees.
- Do 15 push-ups.
5. Squat/Biceps Curl
- Squat, holding a dumbbell in each hand. Do 8 reps.
- On last rep, stay down and do 10 biceps curls.
6. Bridge/Chest Flye
- Lie faceup, knees bent, holding dumbbells over chest with arms extended, palms in.
- Press into heels, lifting hips toward ceiling into bridge.
- Lower weights out to sides, toward floor (5 reps); lower hips.
- Do entire sequence 5 times.
Rest for 1 minute; repeat circuit.
via Sarah Slattery of Equinox